View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 04:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
As I said earlier rim size does NOT affect angle measurements just distance measurements

Nope my spec numbers are from the factory manual hunters are wrong, that or it was a different type of alignment test and they fudged the numbers to get the alignment to actually be the same as factory (nissan says the car should be tested in unladden condition on a thrust type alignment machine) if you want them to set 0 toe rear then have them align the rear wheels to 0 degrees, slight toe out in the front on that machine would be -.05 to -.11

in the factory manual the front toe is IN 3minutes to IN 7 minutes
Yes I heard you. I said I wonder if that's where the different spec numbers are coming from. But I'm sure now seeing what you wrote that you're right that Hunter is wrong as I've seen several different spec numbers from people posting pics up.

As for rear toe going to zero, how much do you think I need to adjust the offset hole on the new plates? As you can see in my pics, the current offset holes can go about a 1/8th more inward before it's maxed out. Any idea what 0.18* is in length? I'd rather not mess with that plate so I might just leave it the way it is. As for the right at 0.46* I know for sure I'll be moving that hole over in the plate.

As for the front. You say go negative in numbers. But why then is the black arrows pointing more outward already? I watched as he did it individually on the screen and he did -0.03* but when it was over and the computer printed out the specs they now both so +0.08*.

Left

Right. The glare is hiding the washer. This side isn't more inward on the plate, it just looks that way.

Last edited by synolimit; 02-05-2014 at 04:40 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote