View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
Yea I know your struggle. I only do string alignments now. And after having my buddy set my car up this way and teaching me how to. It's easy and free now. I don't trust a computer alignment that has to be calibrated regularly and bases alignment from side to side combined. Who's to say it's ever even right?

With a string alignment it's always based on length for each corner and when the time is taken the toe comes out dead on. A well known shop told me the that there success in racing comes from string alignments and a great driver. Course they set each alignment up for each track. Mine is balanced between three tracks in which most have right hand turns.

Only issue I see with string is if you make toe whatever you want, couldn't your tires be facing off to the side and not straight? It'd think toe would be best measured if you did the string from tire to center line of the car and not tire to tire.