View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alignment question with toe??? Help?

Got an alignment today. The guys all seemed kind of new at this and didn't know their machine to well. All toe numbers I've seen before are in a measurement of length. These guys had theirs in degrees. I need to know if the degrees will convert to length because I have to make a new rear toe lockout plate that can move the toe on the right rear. If I knew how far off it was I could measure and drill the hole from where the plates at now. I have no idea what 0.46* is. The little numbers for what spec is, is 0.23* to 0.08*. Based off of other guys I've seen their specs say 1/8th to 1/16th. So I'm guessing these degree numbers fall within the length numbers I just said but again no idea how much I should make the new hole off center. Any ideas????

Another question was I hope I got the toe going in the right direction. If you look at the front right toe before you see it says -0.05* and if you look at the black arrow its pointing to the right side of the center line. But to me that should be toe out or positive 0.05*. The other side is the opposite. Its a positive but the black arrows on the inside of the center line.

But that's not what worries me. It's the after that does. I was going by the black arrow again so I made the front 0.08* toe out or the black arrow going more outside of the center line. I know its hard to see in the pic but trust me, the black arrow is more outside than inside on both front toes. But you can see with the black arrow on the outside its not a negative number like it was before on the right, and it's still a positive number on the left even though the black arrow is now on the outside of the center line vs the inside on the before. I'm not sure what to believe. O and since the black arrows are more outside and the numbers are 0.08, that should be out of spec since going outwards the spec says 0.04 max.

O and one last thing. I measured my wheels on the left side and right side from front to back. The guy messed with the traction arms which will move the wheels forward and back, and the right side is 2/16th longer. So I need to fix that so both sides are equal.

Last edited by synolimit; 02-04-2014 at 01:32 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote