View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #38 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
Man, you guys are great !

I'm clear on the no harness, unless you have a roll cage rule, thanks for reinforcing the point for my benefit and anyone else reading this thread

I was probably being overzealous in pulling weight at this early stage, given that you're right it mostly came from the rear half (except engine cover + wipers!)... would appreciate any advice on how to get more weight out of the front without compromising safety or removing a/c or windows... e.g., I will definitely pursue the battery relo kit

Thanks for the advice on tire sizes... assuming my offset places the wheel at its outermost point relative to fenders, do you think 285s will rub in the front ? should i bring it down to 265/285 ?

I will definitely refer my local shop to you as possible source for parts

Thanks again
Thanks!

Unfortunately taking weight off the front is much harder than it is in the rear. Relocating the battery is a big step in the right direction. Another way is swapping the stock cats with test pipes or high flow cats which will save 10-12 pounds off the front. The other unfortunate thing is that adding oil capacity and an oil cooler, will then put some more of that weight back onto the front. Unfortunately I can't think of any other relatively easy ways to take weight off the nose while maintaining structural integrity and all of the creature comforts.

As for the tire sizes, I have already fit the 295/30/18 tires onto the front of the 370Z just fine . An 18"x 9.5" front with a +27 to +30 range should fit the 285s just fine.
Function > Form

Last edited by M.Bonanni; 02-02-2009 at 04:41 PM.
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote