View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imag View Post
Heh - it reminds me of my first track day in the Z. A guy was there with a Scuderia, four track days under his belt. He let me sit in it (very nice) and we shot the sh!t for awhile.

One of the sessions, we got on track and he was right behind me. I thought, "Oh cool - I'll get to hear him go by!". Never saw him after the first two corners.

The Z isn't that fast, and I'm sure as hell not that fast. It reminded me for the nth time why I like track days: cars aren't everything. That said, I'm always glad people in the high dollar cars bring them, no matter how they drive, because that's where those cars are meant to be, and it's better than just leaving them in a garage or driving them out to dinner...

I did get a moment the last lap of the day where I was almost keeping up with another F430 and a GT3 that had passed me. Looking out at the view, those two cars duking it out in front of me, was like a video game made real. I had the thought: "I'm driving on my favorite track in the world (Sears Point) and I'm on track right behind two legendary cars (and not totally getting my *** whupped)." Totally awesome moment...
I was running in the novice group, and with only two prior track days (and about 6 or 7 autocross days), I picked off a GT3 and numerous Aston Martens.

In fact, the only car that I had to point by was the McLaren SLR.