View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 01:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
azn370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: z34 - R1
azn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond reputeazn370z has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I would update this thread for anyone thinking about riding. This is my first year riding and I have 15k miles, most from riding the back roads and not the highway. There were 3 new riders that I started riding with. I think all of them stopped riding. Riding isn't for everyone.

I guess I was planning to buy a cbr 250 but got a zx6r instead. When I first started riding the power of the bike never got me in trouble however my inexperience with throttle and brake did. There were a few close calls but I regained control and never hurt myself. I started practicing in a parking lot and I still practice today, but in the twisties. I like riding so much I practice the twisties on wet roads, but near the speed limit.

Before I bought my bike I had no idea how fun it is to ride. When I ride my bike I have one objective, a spirited ride in the twisties. I think that's where the car and bike differ.