View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
faceglide
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z FI TT BkChr
faceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Also, my reluctance to push it harder is SOLELY based on a limited number of data samples. I wouldn't be very surprised to learn that this engine can handle 650-675whp all day every day. We just havent had anyone try it yet.

Most of us with a turbo kit are practically a turn of the knob away from the stock engine power record. I dont even know who has that "Record"... but to me records dont count for much when nobody else was trying anyway.
I guess I do(record?), and I agree. It more than likely can(handle ~650), in the hands of a reliable tuner and topshelf parts. I just do not have the nutsack or find the need to run that day in and day out. I will have the 630whp tune in my back pocket for an odd 1/4 event.

Granted, I am putting together my parts for a built block and alpha turbo for 2015. SO by the end of the year, I may just attempt the daily 650 tune, with Seb@SZ's blessing, knowing full and well the built block is waiting...for science i guess.
faceglide is offline   Reply With Quote