View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexwallace23 View Post
I raised the height of my Z and I am now trying to get all four corners at the same height. Doing this is harder than I thought because raising one coilover affects the others. Right now I am close to even but not quite. Is it ok if the left and right rear are off by 3/16in and the left and right front are off by 1/8in?

I can be a perfectionist at times.
you'll want to take the car to a shop that can corner balance it if you're a prefectionist.

as far as the height settings per left/right, it is normal to be off since you are corner balancing even if by your eyes. dont worry about the spring seat location itself, concentrate on the left/right and front/rear heights.

remember to unlink your sway bar too. and get adjustables so that it does not force preload after you're done with the setup.

you'll also want to bounce the car to let the suspension seat itself to its working positiong after you make the adjustment. for that, leave your damp setting as soft as possible until you're done with the height.

GL.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote