View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Alexwallace23
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
Alexwallace23 is on a distinguished road

I don't think I will going to the track anytime soon, but thanks for the info. My damper are not set to the stiffest. I have the front set to 3 from stiffest and the rear is set to 6 from stiffest (1-15 scale). So far it feels good. I might reduce the stiffness on the front since I raised the height and I have a bigger gap between the tire and the fenders now.

I tried again to get the height even on the front and the rear. The front is now 1/16in off and the rear is off by 1/8in. I can live with the 1/16 difference in the front but I have a feeling the 2/16 difference in rear is going to annoy me even though you will never know there is a height difference unless you break out the measuring tape. This is one of those things where since I know it's jacked it's going to irritate me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
the heights are less critical than the weight on each corner. A really good way to do it is to get the weight as close to 50/50 as possible before hand by moving stuff like the battery, and cutting as much weight as you can, then slap on the coils and set the heights even, check the corner weights and if you have adjustable bar endlinks use them to shift the weight without effecting the ride height, if you dont then use the coils to set the weights even. remember to throw a ballast in the driver seat that matches your weight before doing it too. Of course thats race car, if not race car it's best to get it corner-weighted on the coils if you track, or just set the heights even enough where they won't rub on you if you just drive normally. start with the dampers in the middle settings and make slight adjustments until it feels/corners the best you can get it, full stiff IS NOT the best handling setting.
Alexwallace23 is offline   Reply With Quote