View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 11:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rockhound
Base Member

Drives: '13 Z Touring
Rockhound will become famous soon enoughRockhound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytuinals View Post
As of now I have no clue what I want after speaking to a friend.
A friend tells me that the V6s sound like Ricers or indy type of cars and nothing like a big block engine. Since the Rpm of the challneger are 6000 - 7000 and I am sure the 370Z are a lot higher in the RPMs?.....I do like the RUMBLE of a car even if a 370Z is faster and
not having that American Rumble sound........Thanks all for your input.JT
...aaand it just got a little trollish, didn't it?

I'm going to come across like a jerk, but here are a few of my immediate thoughts:

1) Have you ever been in any V6 powered car?
2) You've managed to find this 370Z community online, but you haven't browsed YouTube for 370Z videos to listen for yourself?*
3) You are relying on a friend to tell you what a Z sounds like...and you're surprised to find out a 3.7L V6 doesn't sound like a big block V8?
4) The Challenger R/T's 5.7L redline is 5800 rpm. The 6.1L's is 6400. The Z's is 7500 rpm.
5) Why would you be looking for "that American Rumble" in a Japanese V6-powered sports car?

I agree that rumbly V8's can sound ridiculously good, but referring to the VQ37's admittedly quiet stock exhaust note as "ricer" sounds like it comes from a guy who would scoff at a S2000 or NSX as a "rice rocket" from behind the wheel of his clapped-out 4th gen Camaro.

*Winding Road made a 370Z YouTube clip that is a great intro to how the Z sounds:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nAaZ-4Uq570
Rockhound is offline   Reply With Quote