View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
jaybulls
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 TOUR/6/FI CF/RC
jaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuct View Post
High quality doesn't mean long lasting. Just like tires. From the research I did the ester oil is derived from alcohol. It breaks down faster than conventional oil. It adheres to the diamond polished parts in our vvel system really well that's why Nissan recommends it. I used it for 20k miles. Each change that I pushed the oil past 4k miles it looked horrible. No I didn't have analysis done on it but after changing oil in all my cars over the years I could tell it was toast. I would run the oil if I was pushing the car harder but it's my daily driver.
it's my DD, as well...so, you're saying you WOULDN'T push the car harder? i'm expanding my oil pan capacity by 2 qts. and exchanging the undershroud with an almun. one with better cooling/venting...prolly adding a cooler soon, as well...

did you say 4k was your limit, not 3k? i was thinking of axing my mech. if he thought i could bump the 3k change up...i DO want to baby the car, maintenance-wise...is 3k erring on the side of caution?

thx, again
jaybulls is offline   Reply With Quote