View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #39 (permalink)
fuct
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybulls View Post
i'm "fortunate", i guess, since my last oil change (5k) (2nd w/redline) i axed the serv. mgr. that i needed to see the oil change and he heartily agreed...i told both him, and the top mech. i knew from older times, that it wasn't that i didn't trust him (the mech.), i don't trust ANYBODY!!!, and it worked...i was in the bay, yakkin' away the whole time...

still had to pay a hund for the privilege of them using my redline tranny replacement, their oil pumping out service...

next: in a few weeks it's my 3rd oil change at 8.2k...he's got me at 3k changes, (i might move up to 4k after new changes)...i'm adding the 8qt GTM OIL PAN and, the Z1 alum. under shroud, AND at this time, maybe either the Z1 34/row oil cooler or FI's new 34...bit of a price difference...Z1 is about a hund cheaper---FI tried but on true, butt, i bought their pipes...(any suggestions?)

anyhoo...see if'n you can get approval to GET-IN-THE-BAY...

don't trust anyone...
the redline motor oil is great stuff but it breaks down quickly after 3k miles. 5k is way to far to push that ester based oil.
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote