View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 09:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
That's terrible long term thinking that will absolutely have consequences down the road. Instant gratification has a very real cost, and it adds up over time.

I'll always take paying less over paying more. Every day of the week. If I can't afford the payment without compromising my lifestyle, then I can't afford the car. Especially when you're looking at paying 5-7% more for the same item.

To each his own. Some people gotta have it now. I've stopped working with numerous clients who had this same problem because I can't fix a financial situation with them undermining it like that. I'll pay more now and retire early.

Sorry OP, we've gotten way, way off track.
Lol Im not financing the federal government. I bought a car and a house. Didn't have cash for either. Its not a big deal I have 2 loans. I'm not instantly gratifying myself with with everything I see. I'm saving $200 a month on a car. That means I pay cash for car parts, track days, savings account etc. you can't tell me your first home was not 30 years. If it was congrats! You don't have one credit card? If you have or had either then you're a hypocrite. I don't think being 30 and needing a home is jumping the gun to buy a house. And what we can afford comfortably was 30 years.

That's you. Congrats for doing that. It's not me. I don't need a $600 car payment. Nothing's wrong with my life style. I had the WRX and the GS the same time at over $1000 a month for everything like insurance etc. I'm doing fine now and I'm happy to be really saving more than $200 a month on this 1 car. PS the wife drives and pays for the merc now.