View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 09:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
On a 30k car you paid 6.67% more over the life of the lease by jumping for the cheapest possible payment. How is that good financial advice? Leasing rarely has the lessee come out on the positive side of the equation unless you can write the lease off as a business expense. Not to mention leasing a car is problematic if you're planning on modding the car.
So? Nissan USA and an American bank make some money off me. Its a few hundred a year or a few dollars a month. Least I didn't have to pay over $600 for a car a month which allows me to enjoy even more things in life (other toys, track days, vacations etc etc). I have credit cards and a home. I pay interest on everything. Over years and years I may pay a little extra but I have everything I want right now at this very second. For my happiness I'll gladly pay a little extra to keep people in business and over several years to get what I want now.

In my case no. I ended up a little behind on the Z. But many leases I've come out ahead! Ever see a subi resale value??!! Hell my 12 regal GS had a $2000 rebate on it for early turn in.

And you are 100% wrong about a lease turn in! You never actually turn it into the manufacture. At any point in time during a lease you can sell the car no questions asked. You just pay the balance. During the last thirty days you owe nothing and the majority of the time the residual value is the value so you're all good. Hell sometimes it's less so you have equity in the car. So walk into whatever new or used car dealer you want and trade it in. At that point any mods you have or used to have becomes no different than if you tried to sell your car. The trade in is what it is.