View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
dont remove the lower hose clamp first. use the drain valve on the passenger side. after all the fluid is out (itll take 10min), you can remove the lower rad hose on the driver side. you will make a complete mess if you remove the lower hose before draining the radiator
Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Oops -- I missed the part about the drain. It serves me right -- tryong to post intelligently when I am in a rusk.

Chops is right.
Make sure you take the "radiator" cap off when using the drain valve. Otherwise the coolant doesn't drain properly. Also even after you've used the drain valve there's still going to be some coolant (not much) in the lower hose.

As far as a funnel for refilling, you can just cut the top off a 2L bottle. It is the perfect size for the Z.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote