View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 08:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveStyle View Post
Alstann, you gonna be drag racing your z a fair amount, or do you just need the 6 puck disk to hold that 550hp power range?
I actually plan on doing various things with my car - there were several reasons why I went for the Stage 3 Drag 6 puck. Before my stock clutch went out, I did many things with my car - including plenty of spirited driving, drag racing (and powershifting through gears), and some amateur drifting as well. When shopping for my clutch and flywheel, I wanted to purchase something that could hold the power of a twin turbo setup reliably, be able to withstand heavy abuse, as well as be daily driveable.

Even though I don't drive my Z every day, my plan for my build is a car that you can simply get into, start, and drive no fuss, no hassle. Basically like a very powerful, OEM+ car. The 6 puck mated to the 19lb steel flywheel matched all those requirements for me. I'm sure other clutches, including full face can hold the power fine, but I wanted the feeling that I would NEVER have to worry about my clutch not being able to handle anything I throw at it. Plus, the 6 puck is not bad at all to drive.