View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 05:10 PM   #174 (permalink)
Drakonis GTR
Base Member

Drives: 09' 370Z B/S Rd M6
Drakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the rough

I'm of mixed minds in regards to this info. A lot of the Asian companies seem to be dropping their 6 cylinders in favor of turbo 4s, which I don't mind as long as they are making comparable power. To go to a turbo 4 and trade better fuel economy for less power to me would be a serious mistake. If they can keep it in the mid 300s hp wise, I'd be ok with it.

I do also understand the V6 guys though. Why drop a turbo on a 4 to replace a N/A V6, when you could look into dropping a turbo on the V6. The old adage, there is no replacement for displacement, is still as true today as it was back in the era of muscle cars. It just comes with a lower MPG (which I honestly feel is the real reason for the turbo 4 engines, they are trying to meet the new MPG requirements, while not losing the power.

And in regards to Mercedes's partnership with Nissan. I would be more enthusiastic about it if not for having watched how Mercedes partnership with Chrysler worked out. All that time spent on a company that they had no intention of helping out in the first place. They used them for their parts suppliers and for their truck tech., abused them with a large number of shitty vehicles that were basically Merc throwbacks, and then dumped them when they got everything they needed. I would hate to see anything like that happen to Nissan just to stroke the ego of the execs at Mercedes.

2009 Nissan 370Z Base w/ Sport Package
F.I . LTHs with Non-Resonated Cat-back exhaust (C.F.) / Stillen Gen3 CAI / Up-Rev Tune
Drakonis GTR is offline   Reply With Quote