View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 03 MSP, R8 v10
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

What do you guys think of Orion amps? I've been talking to some guys locally who have built some pretty decent systems and they both recommended Orion, Soundstream or JL.

I've found these online within or barely over my price range, so doable:
Orion XTR10001 (XTR 10001) - 1000W x 1 Chan. @ 1 Ohm
JL Audio J2 1000.1 (J21000.1) - 1000W x 1 Chan. @ 1 Ohm
Boston Acoustics GTA-800M - 500 watts @ 4 ohms

Since I can wire the DVC subs down to 1 Ohm maybe going the Orion or JL route would be a good option. Or I could just keep it all consistent and get the BA amp...

One thing I'm wondering, If the subs are rated at 100-450 watts RMS (225 per voice coil) would I be seriously overpowering them by wiring them for 1 Ohm and using the Orion or JL amp? Or would I just need to keep the gain down and not have to worry about frying the amp or overdoing the subs?

So many decisions, but a good problem to have Thanks for the input
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote