View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Pages 9-2 to 9-5 of the 2009 370 handbook.

Engine oil with API Certification Mark*2, *3

*2: For additional information, see later in this paragraph for engine oil and oil filter recommendation.
*3: NISSAN recommends Genuine NISSAN Ester Engine Oil, which is available at a NISSAN dealer.

1. 2.
API certification mark API service symbol
STI0505
tional Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC) certification and SAE vis- cosity standard. These oils have the API certification mark on the front of the container. Oils which do not have the specified quality label should not be used as they could cause engine damage.
Selecting the correct oil
It is essential to choose the correct grade, quality, and viscosity engine oil to ensure satisfactory engine life and performance, see “CAPACITIES AND RECOMMENDED FUEL/ LUBRICANTS” earlier in this section. NISSAN recommends the use of an energy conserving oil in order to improve fuel economy.
Select only engine oils that meet the American Petroleum Institute (API) certification or International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC) certification and SAE vis- cosity standard. These oils have the API certification mark on the front of the container. Oils which do not have the specified quality label should not be used as they could cause engine damage.

Good luck
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote