View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #45 (permalink)
Zensation
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 93 rx7
Zensation is a jewel in the roughZensation is a jewel in the roughZensation is a jewel in the rough

Reasons why the next z will not lose the 6 cylinder altogether....The market. It wouldn't be so much "going with the times" as poor marketing strategy. Its not a sign of the times that toyota/subaru put out a 4 cylinder sports car, theres always been a market for 4 cylinder sports and the Z has never been aimed at that market, they had the 240 for that crowd. The Z has ALWAYS been aimed at the camaro/mustang and most recently the 370z was a cheaper alternative to the track king, the Cayman (read back to 2008 articles). The GTR was designed to beat the 911 turbo at a much cheaper price tag as well. If you ask me Ghosn is aligning more to true sports vehicles and less to what the general japanese market is doing. If recent rivals remain the target for the next gen z car I put it on a slightly lighter weight frame retaining the powerful v6 keeping it inline with the cayman. c'mon ppl give nissan and more specifically they're proven CEO a little more credit than introducing 2 new 4 cylinder models. I would be VERY surprised if there's a 4 cylinder option.
Zensation is offline   Reply With Quote