View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
4r3s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Touring 370z
4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute

In general the rule of avoiding the first production year of a brand new car is a good one.

I bought my 2009 brand new in January 2010 and have about 55k miles on it now. I have had zero major problems with the car to date. This is honestly the most reliable car I've owned so far. Yes, the steering lock can fail but there is a work around to prevent the issue from ever happening. Yes, the rear hatch sticks, mild nuisance. Yes, you need an aftermarket oil cooler if you're going to be tracking the car; for just daily driving the car it is not needed.

I am starting to burn oil now however. As of my most recent oil change, after about 6k miles, I had burned a quart of oil. Nothing crazy but something to keep an eye on. I have no evidence to back this up but I I've heard that about up to a quart burned every 3000 miles is acceptable. Anyone able to speak on that at all?
4r3s is offline   Reply With Quote