View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 05:10 AM   #140 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to recall an article that noted Nissan wasn't really in a position to develop the Z as radically different from the Q50 -- I'm not expecting huge differences, but possibly the loss of 100 or so lbs.

As for motor, I could see them pulling a Hyundai and offering a half decent turbo 4 and for more $$$ a N/A V6.

I don't know about the Merc engines -- I thought those were all diesel, and so more oriented towards a Euro market.

Whatever they put in there, it will NOT be slower or handle worse than the current model, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

As to the FT-1, I kind of expect Toyota to tone it waaaaaay down and sticker it around 40 - 50K, making it a good bit more pricey than the Z35, but also placing it temptingly within the ball park, especially if it carries the legendary Supra badge and can get out of its own way.