View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 12:34 AM   #31 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipz View Post
I'm not trying to bash anyone, but do you guys like the hissing and blow off sounds? To me, it makes your car sound like a vacuum cleaner. I'm not bashing Forced Induction or anything, its the best way to get the most power, but from these videos it seems like the hissing and blow off noises would get on my nerves if I had a turbo or supercharger in my car.
The noise you hear during acceleration is the air being pulled in by the turbo. There is no way to get around it...it is a large volume of air moving through a filter, it will sound like that. I quiet enjoy that sound to be honest, and I think most of the guys here do a well. If you don't like it, that is fine too. We all have our own idea of what sounds good, and what doesn't. I don't like loud exhausts myself, and always try to make the car nice and quiet....just a personal thing I guess.

The BOV in that particular video is the Tial Q 50mm BOV. It is the quietest and most common on the market. Again though, a large volume of air escaping thorough a "small" opening, it will make noise. I think it is another one of those noises that most guys do like to hear, and again, there will always be a few that don't.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote