View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

I am at a loss here. If you have a USDM Z and are in the process of registering your car in Japan, you still have to meet JCI. Second, a USDM Z will have all of the necessary emissions equipment on-board already (unless it has been modified). Third, if you are military...........there are steps that you can take to make it work. Will it be worth it........not by a long shot.

My experience is with European (TUV) standards, which are slightly tougher than Japan (JCI), but not as bad as California (CARB) or Hawaii (RECON). I have been stationed in Hawaii as well. My road dog while stationed in Italy, brought his car with him from Japan. All I am saying is that you may regret this undertaking and wish you would have just picked up a 1971+ Z or 1989+ Skyline. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me and I will put you in touch with some people that can help you through the process.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote