View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #126 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

They could somewhat easily turbo the VQ. The issue would be the cooling capacities and space for said components. On the flip side, they would have to hold peoples hands on the maintenance plans and force the mechanics/salesman to actually train on the systems instead of following a script.

I for one wouldn't really care if the Z35 comes with a turbo 4-cylinder. I just wouldn't consider purchasing it. If they give us a 6-cylinder with some nifty stuff like direct injection and hybrid electric systems, I would consider it depending on the implementation. I am happy with my TT-Z now and would not want to give up the smile she puts on my face for something that I have to rework to get the same type of thing.

They could use this motor if they are indeed in league with Mercedes Benz; 2015 Mercedes-Benz E400 Twin-Turbo V-6
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL

Last edited by roplusbee; 01-25-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Added a possible TT 6-cylinder motor to debate
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote