View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #401 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
I'm happy you are fine and know how to deal with ice. I do not.

RE: I let off the accelerator as the car drifted slightly left and traction was regained in about a second.
Do you come off the gas a little bit or all the way off?
My first recommendation is to echo wstar. If you don't absolutely have to drive in ice, don't. But that goes especially for locations that do not see ice frequently during the winter season.

As for your question, all the way off. Generally I am feathering the accelerator anyway, as I do a good bit of coasting. It's a constant on-off battle in real ice. A lot of it is knowing what the car is doing just by feel (like a lot of you guys have a feel on the track). I practiced up to 50 mph in serious ice conditions in a massive parking lot when I lived in Colorado. It was invaluable.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote