View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #3331 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
Yes I think Tony is saying you could run the 2.5" TDX with the 100 cell cats placed in the lead pipes just like the 3" does. You'd have to select the 3" downpipe though. The 2.5" downpipes only come cat'ed (300 cell).
That is correct, you can run the 100 cell Mil Spec cats in the lead pipes on the 2.5" system and the 3" system. Here is the difference in the systems, the 2.5" bolts up to stock cats, test pipes, resonated test pipes and long tube headers. The 3" system does not! It is designed to bolt up to the back of our turbo down pipe, Greddy turbo down pipe and GTM turbo down pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
Hummm, I'm a little lost as I'm a F I noob. The kit I was looking at was Boosted Performance since out was made comparable with the TDX 2.5". I think that kit uses the stock "down pipe"?? .. Ahh I don't know what I'm talking about.... Somebody fill me in please.
Ok to clear up the confusion. Sasha at Boosted Performance builds his turbo kit to bolt up to the front of our x pipe on our 2.5" exhaust system. Basically he eliminates the use of the lead pipes at all. We have spoken about doing a 3" version of our exhaust with his single turbo kit but as of now it is still in those stages.

Thanks, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote