View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #340 (permalink)
Alkatraz
Base Member

Drives: 2008 Skyline 370GT
Alkatraz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
Clearance to ground with this kit is not an issue at all. Everything is tucked up, and all the customers that have installed were actually very surprised at how tucked everythin is. You guys with 3" down pipes on TT turbo kits will have your down pipes hang much lower than anything with this kit.

Wastegates:

In order to do a proper twin scroll turbo kit both banks have to be seperated all the way to the turbine. This is what makes the twin scroll as efficient as it is. These are also Tial wastegates, the best you can get in the business, and I have yet to see one fail with over 80 turbo kits out there.

Scavenge pump:

I have sold over 100 of these, and not one has ever failed. They are $400, built to last 10,000 hours. Nothing like the pumps you will find on STS turbo kits for example. I have customer who take their car on 1500 mile round trips without ever having any concerns on any of the component that come with this kit. I have almost 30,000 miles on my own car with all the same component that you guys get with this kit...I have never had anything fail, and this includes 50+ passes at the drag strip.

Install cost:

This will be the cheapest kit of all FI options to install if you take it to a shop. $1,200 is a good estimate. This is what I charge to install it. It really is straight forward.

Crash bare:

It is possible to get something built for sure. I can't see it beeing overly expensive either. It is also something I will look at this spring once one of the donor cars comes back before another tune.
Looks really nice! Are there any plans at all to develop an RHD kit? You would more than likely gain a few extra sales if that was at all possible. Keeping the crash bar or developing an alternative for it would also be fantastic.

Does the price of the turn-key kit also include a full etune or only a very basic tune?
Alkatraz is offline   Reply With Quote