View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
visconti
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Sub WRX STi
visconti will become famous soon enoughvisconti will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpeacelove View Post
John@Visconti you mentioned consistency, so would Ecutek provide more of a consistent tune than UPrev? Care to explain.
Yes, EcuTek would..

EcuTek takes COMPLETE Control of ignition timing.

Here's a datalog from a stock car with the stock flash vs my EcuTek flash.

With EcuTek installed on the car we can datalog both what the car is running for ignition timing and what it would be running is EcuTek wasn't highjacking ignition timing (see second graph)

What you can take away from this is how inconsistent the factory timing control is on these cars.

Nothing has changed mechanically on the car yet the factory ecu runs a different timing curve almost every time I pull the car.

For those NA guys this might not be a big deal because it's not going to blow up your motor, but on forced induction guys that extra 2 degrees of timing the ecu *might* add could be a problem.

With the EcuTek's RaceRom ignition control we are able to bypass the OEM timing logic which is in calculated burn time with real ignition maps that do what we want all while keeping Knock Control

Here's a screen shot what a factory ignition map looks like modified (took screenshot from uprev manual) & what a EcuTek ignition map looks like

Now take a look at a screenshot from UpRev tuning manual for the Nissan. I highlighted the important part. They're basically saying what's true, running the OEM timing control logic the car simply does what it wants. Letting the ECU do what it wants does not delivery consistent results.

Visconti Tuning Webstore | Support Documents & Downloads
visconti is offline   Reply With Quote