View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #328 (permalink)
zguynate
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z
zguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepro View Post
Just read the instruction manual, hats off for being so meticulous with it! This install is cake...also anyone know if there is room for a custom crash bar in the front like vsr did? I don't want to trash the whole front of the car and the cooler if I happened to get in a fender bender...I honest like the VSR a bit more, it does not have as many parts, no oil pump, one wastegate, and the crash bar, but I am a DIY kind of guy, I think that's what I like about this kit so much about this kit...
This is the best option for turbo'ing the 370z in my opinion. My only concern for this kit would have been the scavenge oil pump, but in reality thats not even an issue. There are guys that have been running a variation of this kit ( a BP mid mount) on 350z's for years now, and I havent heard of a single issue regarding the pump or failure of the pump. So like I said, I will have no second thoughts about it.

The VSR kit places the turbo toward the top of the engine bay if im not mistaken. Correct me if im wrong. Engine bay temps would probably be significantly increased due to this. I dont have the kit, nor do I have knowledge of the kit itself, but it seems that heat build up would be inevitable due to the turbos placement.

The two wastegates is actually a benefit to this kit. Sure its another part but it provides an advantage. This kit utilizes a twin scroll turbo. I dont know the proper wording to describe the difference between a twin scroll and a single scroll, but I know Sasa has explained it somewhere here on the forums. Im sure a quick google could shine light on the subject as well.