View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

My 2009 XM antenna is terrible, just driving under trees is enough to cause drop outs. I'm in Orlando and SXM no longer broadcasts a terrestrial signal here and boy does it show, the SXM satellite signal is terrible here in a moving vehicle, YMMV.
The retail antenna may work better than the OE, I would audition them side by side on the roof of the car and determine which is better. Or, do you remember if your other Factory SAT receiver was better?
Yeah I would put it on the roof of the car temporarily next to the current SAT antenna and see if it's better.

PS: All SXM/Sirius/XM antennas use +5V on the center wire and this powers the active antenna. I don't know the exact type of connector on the factory, I do know that the aftermarket antennas use a coax type cable with a plastic housing clip around it.

Last edited by Fountainhead; 01-21-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote