View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despoil0405 View Post
I currently own a 2009 370Z Touring with 33,000 miles. I've greatly enjoyed driving my Z but I believe its time to switch to a vehicle with more mpg, seating room and that's safer to drive in inclement weather. I'm trying to decide what I should do with regards to trading in my Z. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Currently Owe: $26,000
KBB Good Trade In: $23,803
Dealer Trade In: $22,000
Warranty Refund: $1,000
Total Trade In: $23,000

So I would be taking a $3,000 hit to walk away and purchase another vehicle of my choice.

I'm curious if I would be better off waiting until June to trade in my Z. The vehicle would have approximately 42,000 miles then but my loan would be down to $24,000. I'm assuming demand (and perhaps trade in) goes up in the summer for Z's? I live on the East Coast (VA).

Thanks all.
You would be taking a risk for sure, hard to say if the demand will go up or down. Generally speaking it should go up like you say, but at the same time the market is getting a ton of new sportscars, and who knows what kind of deals will be floating around on 370's at that time. Personally watching prices on used z34's, they've been on a steady decline.

While you may be able to get slightly more it will most likely be offset by higher mileage.

I would find a suitable replacement and negotiate a higher trade in or lower the price of the replacement car to where the hit won't be as hard. The longer you wait the less the car will be worth.

What kind of a replacement are you thinking?
Redglare is offline   Reply With Quote