View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute

I know it is a personal choice but why would you like to replicate it? It does not sound great compared to other well documented exhaust notes.

For me, FI and Motordyne set the standard. Berk's HFC's with a solid set of CBE's (other than FI or MD, Invidia, Beluga (ShadeZZ has it), and Ark to name a few), will sound great but try your hardest not to replicate the G35 in that video. I agree with DE.50 - go to the meets and listen to others. I let Lumbuscobob get in mine for a listen and drove around before he decided on picking up resonated HFC's from FI. He searched around for the combination he was looking for and went for drive to listen inside and outside before making his choice.

This is how our Z's should sound.

JohnnyDrama's - he's not around here anymore and sold the car. I like 2:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOUepCa9KH0

And this.....

BoostLee's ---- wait 'til you get to 4:49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R92CDmote8

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete

Last edited by axmea?; 01-21-2014 at 01:25 AM.
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote