View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
if MB can make 360hp, 330 trq with a turbo 2.0, then Nissan should be able to make a turbo 2-2.5 with equal or more power. Drop that into a sub 3k lb car, make it look sexy, and I'll be in
The Merc engine runs 26 pounds of boost. It's a technological marvel. While I think there's a lot Nissan can do when it comes to engineering, their hands will ultimately be tied by the cost of producing such an engine.

Of course, this is where the Nissan/Merc partnership comes into play- hopefully they'll both be able to save a bit of money as Nissan moves back into a FI powered fleet.
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote