View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Re coilovers, yes, definitely... in fact, here's my current shopping list:

1. oil cooler... A BIG ONE ! maybe central 20
2. swap fluids for higher heat ones... ATE for brakes... trans ? diff ? 80-20 water to anti freeze... Pure Power Motor Oil (thanks DDM !)
3. HP... intake kit, pulley kit, test pipes, cat-back (agency power)
5. enkei wheels + Toyo R888s... likely 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 with 255s and 305s
6. Hawk + brake pads
7. find the right coilovers... not sure which... 700+lb/in springs
4. possible rear dif cooler... trans cooler
8. swap battery for oddyssey pc680
9. remove another 200 pounds... already pulled 100 lbs of plastic/spare tire... try to shift weight to rear
10. racing seat + harness (can i do 6-pt w/o roll cage ?)
11. continue race car mods... full roll cage, fire supression

I will probably hold off on '11' until at least the end of the year... welcome any critiques or suggestions on this list

RCZ, I'll look into anti-lift kits too, thanks for the tip !

Re synchrorev... yes, flawless... I haven't mastered heel / toe, so of course it just gave my buddies extra fodder to flog me with, but I have to say that synchro rev is def the way to go... one less thing to worry about and I consider it a safety feature b/c it gets you around the track faster and and takes some risk out of downshifting in a turn... especially helpful for those like me not used to trail braking a car with forward weight balance... not many technologies do safety AND performance - I'm sold ! and I think folks will stop ripping on it once these cars start winning races !

thanks
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote