View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

After 63k miles, I'd go ahead and clean the MAFs and see if that helps. Even if that's not the problem, they could probably use a good cleaning by now. I've done it and it's VERY easy. If you have a Phillips screwdriver, the only cost is the MAF cleaner. No gaskets to worry with. No recalibration/training required. The hard part is unplugging the connector and that's pretty easy.

Cleaning the TBs is not what I would call an easy job but, going by the DIYs and comments on this site, it's not all that difficult for your average weekend mechanic. Looks to me to be one (small) degree of difficulty above changing brake pads.