View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
alphajam
Enthusiast Member

Drives: slow
alphajam has a brilliant futurealphajam has a brilliant futurealphajam has a brilliant futurealphajam has a brilliant futurealphajam has a brilliant futurealphajam has a brilliant futurealphajam has a brilliant futurealphajam has a brilliant futurealphajam has a brilliant futurealphajam has a brilliant futurealphajam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetamedi View Post
Well I didn't think so either until the estimate came in at $22,600. 3 air bags went off inside (drivers steering wheel, passenger side seat, and passenger side window), they also said 3 wheels needed replacement. Most of the mechanical damage was to the drivers side front knuckle and attachments. The rest of the damage was in body parts (front clip, rear bumper and quarter panel). $16,000 of the estimate was just in parts since they had to order original OEM Nissan parts as it was less than 2 years old.

On a side note, it is suprising how much smoke/dust/particulates those air bags discharge into the cabin. I could smell it for 2 days after and it about choked me out of the car right after it happened.
That smell will stay with you forever. I still smell it from a wreck 9 years ago.

alphajam is offline   Reply With Quote