View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 09:29 AM   #59 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

mate, i hope your health has been ok. look after yourself

it's been a while since i've been on this thread but i have some updates to share:

AEM CAI installed for 3 days but removed it due to very disappointing performance. The car ran like a dog. Shifting was sloppy and jerky. Suffered extremely badly in the Sydney summer heat. I could barely overtake econoboxes and trucks. Timing was being pulled that much. I think it was a bad design. the air filters are located in dead zones. zilch fresh air. RHS is right next to the blazing hot power steering lines. Hated driving the car. I experienced intake temps over 56*c with an ambient around 38*c. I might be expecting too much but is it too much to expect at least an on par with stock level of performance and driveability?

Couldn't wait to put the stock system back on and the difference was night and day. I could love driving my car again!

The best i can get with the stock intake is 5 degrees celsius above the ambient temp displayed on the dash. This is at 50-60kmh and above, ambient at 28*c or less. once ambient goes up, the delta changes. No changes to my airboxes. The are as per my previous post in may. I cant remember if i mentioned i have flex duct jammed inside each snorkel/duct which reaches to the same position as the Stillen G3 CAI filters. This helped delay the ingestion of hot air when stationary.

Next step for me was to find some foil backed bubble wrap type insulation material and wrap the accordion pipe and the airboxes depending on space. Good reports on other forums.
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote