View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #60 (permalink)
dad
Grand Prix of Endurance

Drives: Mulsanne Straight
dad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
FWIW. I stopped by the dealer on Friday where I bought my 370 to see if the Service Dept. is open on Saturdays (no, damn it). I'm about to roll over 1,200 miles and I plan an oil change at that point. I wanted to know if they had one of these 30-minute-in-and-out-quick deals (no again, damn it).

In the course of the conversation, the Service Manager told me that I must use Nissan Ester oil and that an oil change would run about $120 (Jesus wept!!). I politely expressed my disbelief ("politely" = I resisted calling BULLSH!T) that Nissan made the use of their own oil a requirement. I told him that I just planned on using a regular high quality 5W30. The guy then tells me I had better read the fine print in the Warranty regarding the use of Nissan oil.

At this point I smelled smoke and, sure enough when I turned around, there it was being blown up my a$$. Needless to say, one thing is now sure to happen and one thing most definitely will not occur. I absolutely will make sure to tell the GM at this dealership about my conversation with his Service Manager. I will also tell the GM that I absolutely will not deal with his Service Dept.

BTW, the owner's manual says "NISSAN recommends Genuine NISSAN Ester Engine Oil, which is available at a NISSAN dealer." The Warranty does not "require" its use.
Why are you changing oil at 1,200 miles?

We can do without any article of luxury we have never had; but once obtained, it is not in human nature to surrender it voluntary.
dad is offline   Reply With Quote