Thread: 2013 NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #1532 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Actually I think the running games will be the key to the Pats/Broncos game. Pats have become a power running team and their only healthy receivers are under 6'. Theyve ran the ball heavily the past 3 games and will look to establish the run game here too. Of course if it doesn't work or if they get behind then they will have to throw it. In the last game, Pats pretty much gave up the run game to defend against Manning and they will try to do the same here IMO. Their D line has gotten better against the run so I wouldnt expect them to give up 280 rushing yards again.
You're drinking the kool-aid.

The Pats are not a power running team and Blount is not going to score 6 TDs every game. They didn't even have a thousand yard rusher this year. They averaged a little over 100 rushing yards per-game during the regular season and that number is skewed a bit because there were a couple huge games in there. On the other hand, they averaged OVER 250 yards passing per-game so that should give you an idea of what to expect... NE didn't magically become a "run first"/3 yards and a cloud of dust team overnight.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to believe that last week's gameplan was Belichick trying to throw Denver off by doing something totally different against Indy.

Denver's best pass defender is Champ Bailey and he's nearly as old as I am. Moreno will have some straight-ahead runs but only to keep the D honest. I would more expect them to use him as a swing back (a lot like what the Rams used to do with marshall faulk)