View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 09:57 AM   #37 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
Wstar, so if im correct in reading this just unplugging the yaw sensor and leaving it disconnected will disable both the VDC and ABLS without any ill effects? I am running a racelogic system and last year would just hit the button every time I started the car to turn off the VDC, but I would also like to get rid of the ABLS and let the Racelogic do its job.

Thanks
I'm in the same boat as you ...
Want to lose the VDC and the ABLS and allow the Race Logic to do it's thing...
Am also setting the car up for the 1/4 mile.

The word here from the drag racers is that you need to pull the Brake/Stop Lamp fuse (10Amp) located in the drivers side kick panel.
(Unplugging the Bosch Modulater/ Yaw Sensor doesn't seem to do it all ???).
Haven't tried that solution personally yet

Pulling the fuse = NO more VDC and NO more ABLS.
The downside tho' is NO more BRAKE LIGHTS.

Fine for the drag strip - but definitely not for everyday driving or the track.

Working on a solution to islolate the brake lights and power the circuit from a different source if possible.
This way I will be able to lose VDC/ABLS and keep the Brake Lights.
Hope I find a way to do that.

I like the Race Logic --- It is fantastic for everyday spirited driving --- but find it might not be all that suitable for drag racing.

Still dialing it in tho' ... gotta play with some more with the advanced settings but am running into some conflicts with the launch and min RPM features.

Car is in the shop now for some power upgrades , so I won't be able to tweak it for a few weeks.

Bob

Last edited by Z&I; 01-16-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Z&I is offline   Reply With Quote