View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

With 11:1 compression (stock) and properly aggressive tuning (lots of timing, scary for new e85 tuners like I was, had to ease into it), I would say max 600rwhp STD a Dynojet. You MIGHT need the Stage 1FS to get there though... That is how I did it (well 586, I'm sure a half psi more would have taken it to 600 but I felt I pounded on the car enough that day). I have not tried pushing the stock feed line so far but I have heard of several cars on gasoline dropping fuel pressure before making it to the power I have. So I would confidently rate a S1 at 600 max with 340 pump. Stage 0... I just don't have enough feedback to say yet.

The stage 0 system isn't going to offer a whole ton of extra fuel alone. It's basic benefit is that pressure is being regulated after pressure drops in the plumbing. This will result in a few more psi at the rails and getting a little more out of your injectors. I would say that it's going to get 20-30hp past a totally stock system with the same pump and injectors, but I personally haven't pushed the stock system to find its end. Some reports are snowing pressure falling off as low as early 500s on gasoline. The stage 0 can also increase pressure with boost which is nice... But if you're pump limited before injector, this might not get you much further.

With a low compression built motor I would tone down the ratings/estimates 25-50 HP. Pump limited before injector in the 340/1000 combo. The 1000s should be good for about 625-650rw in a low comp motor, and close to 675-700 high comp if you have the pump for it.

You know what, it's so hard to put ratings on the stuff... People in the Z world often consult with me when they run out of fuel and want to talk about where to improve it. When I take all the results and feedback I have seen from various cars, there is ridiculously low consistency in results, making it so hard to rate a setup, or even a pump or injectors. I should probably start compiling a fuel system performance database so people can see what has been done with different configurations.. Specifically for the VQ which offen seems to outperform other engines in terms of efficiently using the provided quantity of fuel.

Last edited by phunk; 01-14-2014 at 09:23 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote