View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfeinst View Post
Great review, Hotrodz! Tony, what guidelines are you/Seb using for octane/boost combinations?
Great question. Sebastian actually taps into the ECU with a special pair of headphones. He can listen to what the engine is doing very similar to a doctor with a stethoscope. We have found that on the GT2860/91 octane the safe level is 8-9 psi with no detonation. For the GTX2867R/91 octane combination, we can go a little higher.

I do not want to go in to A/F and ignition timing specifics out of respect for our tuner. Tuning for driveability and WOT is definitely an art. Not everyone can do it and those who can, have the combinations that they find to work well for them.

If you want to call Seb or myself for more specifics, please feel free to do so. Btw, your car arrived this morning. Let the fun and games begin!

Thank you, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote