View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #300 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzSpeng View Post
I pesonally HATE those things...they look so tacky and crap sticks in the crevices over time...its just a terrible terrible option made with super cheap components.

another problem is this...take a look at the stock tank fitted in the engine bay...where would you put a sight glass that you could easily view? the stock tick marks are on the very inside of the engine bay facing the rear of the car...hardly able to see it as it is.

I know looking at a glance would be "fun" but taking off a cap and peeking inside really shouldnt be an issue...less of an issue than checking tire pressure or checking the oil.

On this product, the threads are 33mmx3.0mm very coarse threads, approx 2.5 full turns for on/off.
I completely understand your reasoning, I'm not trying to argue with you. Just trying to figure out how to make it "idiot-proof".

Just something else I came across that might interest you:

TIG Welded Aluminum Evacuation Tank Kit - Media Share - GT-R Life

Not gonna lie, I'd like an oil catch can, and a 2 in 1 would be pretty

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote