View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 05:21 AM   #37 (permalink)
kjoons
Base Member

Drives: 12' MagBlk 370Z 7AT
kjoons is on a distinguished road

i finally said screw it and got under the car. i loosened all the bolts from the headers to cats to mid section exhaust, repositioned pipes and REALLLLLLY yanked hard down on the bolts this time, if I could fit a torque wrench down there, I would guess I torqued those suckers down to at least 70ftlb.

i tightened down all the O2 sensors.

i reset the ecu.

started her up and let her idle for 15mins while i got under the car and felt around for any leaks. none to be felt or heard.

i must say, the Z is MUCH quieter near the engine and in the cab, and the exhaust has a higher pitch note now. if i'm not mistaken, i had quite the exhaust leak. however, it is highly possible that I'll still pop codes for lean/rich, if this happens, I need a tune. as I've been doing quite a bit of research on this, with the in and out mods, it seems to be quite common that the stock ECU has issues calibrating itself with the correct AFR, so I may need a tune after all. I'll be looking out for an SES light.

Anybody know of Church tuning? they seem to be the only place in Las Vegas that's licensed to install Osiris UpRev.