View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #296 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlady_z34 View Post
wish i saw your post sooner or i would have asked... unfortunately i just got off the phone with adam hume(i think i spelled his last name correctly) and he said the stillen exhaust doesnt bolt onto the stock y-pipe.
this is what i did find on myg37.com josh from stillen
"you wouldn't have the bracket and hardware to secure the filters. The filters from the 370 kit lay on the bumper beam and therefore don't utilize a bracket. that includes the piping, not to mention the splash shield and other hardware that isn't present on the 370Z kit"
I know at some point they changed the way the Stillen exhaust is fabricated because the ones they make now don't look anything like mine. I know on the G the y-pipe was interchangeable on the version I have. I can see from their new diagram that they have added some sort of x-pipe at what would be the flange mating of the factory y-pipe/mid-pipe. It also appears they use clamps instead of actual flanges. The Stillen I have keeps the factory y-pipe/mid-pipe flange. I assume that earlier versions of the 370Z Stillen would have been the same.

From Stillen Website now
Magnaflow Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust - Dual Split Rear Exit 16820 MA16820 | STILLEN

This is the old version
For Sale Stillen Cat Back Exhaust For G37 Coupe - MyG37

Found a website with an old 370Z Stillen, it had a flanged y-pipe/mid-pipe section aswell:
http://forums.nicoclub.com/nissan-37...m-t565236.html

Short story long, it doesn't appear that if you have a recent Stillen exhaust or plan to purchase new that it will work without having a muffler shop modify to fit BP's piping. If you have an older version it most likely will.

As for the intake. Everything stated above appears to be why the 370Z Gen 3 intake wouldn't fit a G37. Since you don't need the bracket hardware and shield for a Z, wonder if it works in reverse order.

Last edited by jwick; 01-13-2014 at 07:52 PM.
jwick is offline   Reply With Quote