View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #293 (permalink)
fairlady_z34
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z touring
fairlady_z34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
I can't be positive on the 370Z but I know for a fact that the G37 Stillen kit will bolt up to the factor mid-pipe flange. I know this for two reasons; first a buddy of mine bought his Stillen exhaust used and it didn't come with the y-pipe so he had to use the stock y-pipe, second I know several G guys that swapped back to the factory y-pipe becuase they weren't fans of the noise level with the Stillen y-pipe (believe all of them were female complaint issues of the car being to loud).

Based on my research in preparation for the BP kit it appears that the y-pipe for the G and Z are the same and to be honest it makes sense considering that Nissan would want as many pieces similar as possible to limit R&D and fabrication between the two platforms.

However, would be very interested to know from Stillen that this is in fact true.

While you're on the phone with Stillen, if it's not to much of a bother ask them what the specific differences between the G37 and 370Z Gen 3 intake actually are. I know the filters are different, but it'd be nice to know what if any the rest of the differences are. I've got a buddy with a Nismo and I'd like to pass my intake on to him once I go boosted.

wish i saw your post sooner or i would have asked... unfortunately i just got off the phone with adam hume(i think i spelled his last name correctly) and he said the stillen exhaust doesnt bolt onto the stock y-pipe.
this is what i did find on myg37.com josh from stillen
"you wouldn't have the bracket and hardware to secure the filters. The filters from the 370 kit lay on the bumper beam and therefore don't utilize a bracket. that includes the piping, not to mention the splash shield and other hardware that isn't present on the 370Z kit"
fairlady_z34 is offline   Reply With Quote