View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 03 MSP, R8 v10
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

I ran the MPSS for about 2 years (245/35 and 275/30 - stretched on a 9.5" and 10.5" rim so kept at about 38psi). Performance wise they were the best I've had. great cornering ability and acceleration. Comfort wise they were horrible. now, i did step down a size so that has to be factored in. but these tires were HARD. over the smallest bumps it was pretty jarring. felt it all through my back. Both on stock suspension and after lowering on H&Rs. Height had no difference. They were also REALLY loud once they got pretty worn down. Also mine suffered from really bad flat spotting. Even just sitting in my garage over night it would occur any times the temps were below 60ish. So pretty much 80% of the time for 4-5 months a year. I only have a 6 mile commute to work so very rarely did they even out in that time - I was alway driving with what felt like an unbalanced wheel. I had them rebalanced twice so know that wasn't it. At the end of their life I was debating on trading in the car on a used CTS-V and was ready for a drastic change.

I then switched to the Continental DWS all seasons (245/40 and 275/35 - with the smaller stretch I can run 34psi). I like these tires a lot. for my every day driving they handle everything I throw at them. They do squeal when I push them (where the MPSS never did) but so far I haven't lost grip, they've managed to hold on as well as the MPSS in spirited every day driving. When crusing they are uncomparably better IMO. I can go over lane dividers without ever feeling a thing vs feeling it up my butt and into my spine with the MPSS. They are super comfortable. They are also a lot quieter than the MPSS were. Still a little noisy over concrete highways, but anytime I go over asphalt the car is deathly quiet (I also have a lot of sound deadening from the front footwells all the way back). I really love how my car is now. It's fast when I want it to be, still really quick through the turns when I need it to and a lot more comfortable then it was with the MPSS without giving up much in performance for everyday spirited driving. If you're gonna go with the DWs then you'll give up even less performance than I did.

In short I'd say if you don't track the car you'll probably be very happy with the Conti DWs. I don't regret my decision at all. If you do track the car and do want ultimate performance then the MPSS can not be beat.

Last edited by TXSpeedDemon; 01-13-2014 at 11:12 AM.
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote