View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #4869 (permalink)
4r3s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Touring 370z
4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
Here's a Monday laugh for you:

Has anyone chipped their car? If so, mind giving me and reddit some feedback? : Autos

Guy claims Gforce chip added 50whp in proven dyno gains to his "buddy's car"
To retort the current top comment in the thread, I believe the opposite is true. In that, automakers typically tune their cars to meet epa regulations which indeed does leave a lot of room left on the table for improvements in the areas of horsepower and torque. Most cars are driven by your grandma and most people can't handle power of a pathetic 4 cylinder engine which is another reason a lot of performance is left on the table. I do not find 50whp out of this world for chipping a grand prix. Why do you find this outlandish?

the grand prix is a very different car than the Z keep in mind. The Z is a sports car and will not have this same issue.

Now is the specific product gforce any good? I don't know.

Last edited by 4r3s; 01-13-2014 at 10:41 AM.
4r3s is offline   Reply With Quote