View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
vermithrax
Base Member

Drives: 11 370z/sport silver
vermithrax is on a distinguished road
Default Help me choose some new tire guys, I am at a loss.

Ok, My stock tires (19" Sport) are finally almost dead. I got about 24,000 out of the front, and about 14,000 miles are on the back. The back has some treadlife left, but not much.

I am choosing mostly between 3 new tires, and this is what I have researched about them:

Conti DW: Good grip, longer life, great in rain, nice mellow ride, soft, unresponsive, marshmallow handling, good price.

Mich Pilot Super Sport: Best of class, amazing performance, good ride, decent treadlife, expensive

Bridgestone s04 Position: great performance, heavy, excessive treadwear, good price.

My car is my daily driver. I do enjoy spirited driving when I can, but I am mostly on the freeway, and Houston is pretty flat and straight. I would like to have at lest the same treadwear as stock, preferably more.

I know the PSS are supposed to be amazing, and I would love to just buy them, but they are freaking expensive compared to the other two. The DW sound good, but giving up performance from stock would suck. Are they really as soft and mushy feeling as I hear? The S04 sound great, but if I can only maybe get 10k miles out of them, it could get expensive quickly.

Those of you who have these tire, please help me choose. I am leaning toward the DW, but really dreading dumbing down my car to less than a sporty feel.
vermithrax is offline   Reply With Quote